Saturday, October 9, 2010

My old but new ailment

I have dealing with some aches in my shoulder, pain in my neck and tingling in my left arm for some time now. I thought it was my throwing shoulder needing a cleanout. But a week long stiff neck and some burning pain made me get an xray. Advanced ankylosing spondylitis, which in short means my c-6 and c-7 are fused together by "arthur"itis. I had c-spine surgery 12 yrs ago. Didn't have much problem. Had a clue that things were getting bad after a bicycle wreck 2 yrs ago. Inflammation and tense neck muscles.
I thought I would include pics but sorry can't do it. Just can't swing a hammer for extended periods of time, push carts with out pain, carry things and all that. I have stopped for now but I will continue. Need to rest it and take my meds. This is my tribute to tammy in a weird way. I didn't realize how much pain that you are in all the time. Better yet, how you can grin and bear through it. I am a perky person until I have to do a little work lately then I don't want to smile. Plan of action : realize my limits and pace myself. Look into physical therapy and hope not for another surgery.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck to you, my good man. I've not really had any chronic pain or issues with my back that couldn't be solved by a good massage, but then again, I'm just 39. I am curious, though, what health issues will eventually befall me. In fact, I did a post on that very subject earlier this year:

    http://minnesota-meanderings.blogspot.com/2010/02/lordy-lordy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting our video on your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete